1. Make sure to do your preparations thoroughly and well in advance. In spite of how much fun it sounds, adapting to a new place with its own unique culture in addition to studying or working full-time is a really tough challenge.
2. Stay strong and always remember what your aim is for participating in a study abroad.
3. Make the most of your time abroad and balance your time between academic or professional responsibilities and fun activities.
4. Remember only a small percentage of people have the opportunity to enroll in study abroad programmes, and it would thus greatly increase your chances for a brighter future.
5. Take part in the local activities. It's also important as it will provide you with insight into the culture as well as opportunities to widen your network.